Children Of Men (2006)
Monday 3rd September 2018
Academy Award®-winner Alfonso Cuarón (Gravity, Y Tu Mamá También) is renowned for his bold and ambitious camerawork, pushing technology to its limits in his pursuit of cinematic truth. With 2006's Children of Men, he delivers one of the most chilling and visceral works of cinematic speculative fiction in recent memory.
In 2027, following eighteen years of global human infertility, the world is a bleak and hostile place. Former activist Theo (Clive Owen, Gosford Park, Shadow Dancer) drifts through the violence-riven streets of London without hope or purpose. However, when he reluctantly agrees to help former lover Julian (Julianne Moore, The Fugitive) smuggle a miraculously pregnant woman out of the country, he is unwittingly thrust into the role of all that stands between the human race and its extinction. As the country descends into anarchy and the authorities close in, Theo must race against time to secure safe passage for the humanity's only hope of salvation.
Based on the dystopian novel by P.D. James and co-starring Michael Caine (Pulp) and Clare-Hope Ashitey (Seven Seconds), Children of Men offers a powerful and frightening glimpse at a future that, more than a decade later, feels even more chillingly prescient than at the time of its original release.
With a High Definition 1080p presentation, Children of Men is re-released on Blu-ray 5th November 2018 from Arrow Academy.
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original 5.1 DTS-HD master audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- New audio commentary by author and critic Bryan Reesman
- There is No Future, a new video appreciation by film historian Philip Kemp
- Fertility & Progeny, a new video essay by author and critic Kat Ellinger
- The Possibility of Hope, an archival documentary featuring interviews with activist Naomi Klein, philosopher Slavoj Zizek and others, exploring the film's resonance with contemporary current affairs
- Comments by Slavoj Zizek, an archival featurette on the film's themes
- Creating the Baby, an archival featurette on the film's visual effects
- Futuristic Design, an archival featurette on the film's sets
- Theo & Julian, an archival featurette on Clive Owen, Julianne Moore and their characters
- Under Attack, an archival featurette on the film's ground-breaking camerawork
- Deleted scenes
- Image gallery
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Corey Brickley
- First Pressing Only: Illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Mark Cunliffe and Amy Simmons
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.
The Dark Knight RisesHotDVDBD
John Wick: Chapter 4
Knock At The Cabin
All Quiet on the Western Front
Star Trek: The Next Generation Movie Collection
Dungeons & Dragons: Honour Among Thieves
The Bionic Woman: The Complete Collection
The Truman Show
The Hot Spot: Limited Edition
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason