The Social Network (2010)
Monday 17th January 2011
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced the debut of the year's best reviewed and most talked about film, The Social Network, on 2-disc Blu-ray and 2-disc DVD on 14th February 2011. The film explores the moment at which Facebook, the most revolutionary social phenomenon of the new century, was invented and how its overnight success and wealth changed the lives of the classmates who created it.
The Social Network has become a cultural touchstone, recently garnering six Golden Globe® nominations, nine Critics' Choice nominations and winning Best Picture awards from several prominent organizations. Directed by David Fincher and written by Aaron Sorkin, The Social Network stars an ensemble that boasts some of the finest new actors of their generation: Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield, Justin Timberlake, Armie Hammer, Max Minghella and Rooney Mara.
Extensive bonus materials includecommentaries with Fincher, Sorkin and the cast, as well as the four-part feature length documentary How Did They Ever Make a Movie of Facebook? which covers the making of the film from the book through production. Viewers will explore the music of the film through a conversation with composers Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, and also in the interactive feature In the Hall of the Mountain King, which allows the same scene to be viewed four different ways with different layers of music.
David Fincher's The Social Network is the stunning tale of a new breed of cultural insurgent: a punk genius who sparked a revolution and changed the face of human interaction for a generation, and perhaps forever. Shot through with emotional brutality and unexpected humor, this superbly crafted film chronicles the formation of Facebook and the battles over ownership that followed upon the website's unfathomable success.
With a complex, incisive screenplay by Aaron Sorkin and a brilliant cast including Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield and Justin Timberlake, The Social Network bears witness to the birth of an idea that rewove the fabric of society even as it unraveled the friendship of its creators.
- Audio Commentary with Director David Fincher
- Audio Commentary with Writer Aaron Sorkin, Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield, Justin Timberlake, Armie Hammer and Josh Pence
- How Did They Ever Make a Movie of Facebook? - Four-Part Feature-Length Documentary on the Making of the Film, from the Script to the Screenplay to Casting to Production
- Featurette: Angus Wall, Kirk Baxter and Ren Klyce on Post - Editors Angus Wall and Kirk Baxter and Sound Designer Ren Klyce Discuss Editing the Film and the Different Layers They Created Using Different Takes, Angles and Sound Effects
- Featurette: Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross and David Fincher on the Score - David Fincher, Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross Discuss the Process of Creating the Score
- Featurette: Jeff Cronenweth and David Fincher on the Visuals - David Fincher and DP Jeff Cornenweth Discuss Creating the Look for the Film
- Featurette: Swarmatron - Atticus Rose Explains the Swarmatron Sound Machine Used to Create Parts of the Score
- Featurette: In the Hall of the Mountain King: Music Exploration - Multi-Angle Music Exploration which Allows Viewers to Watch the Same Scene Four Different Ways with Different Layers of Music
- Ruby Skye VIP Room: Multi-Angle Scene Breakdown
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.