Tuesday 8th January 2019
Dario Argento (Suspiria) returns to CultFilms with this breath-taking new restoration which finally does justice to the Maestro's groundbreaking visionary horror masterpiece Opera, released in dual-format DVD and Blu-ray 21st January 2019.
With reality-defying soaring cinematography splattered with expressionistic Grand Guignol excess, Dario Argento turns up the fear to new heights, cementing him as one of the most influential filmmakers of the 20th Century.
When young understudy Betty (Cristina Marsillach) takes the lead role in a new operatic production of Verdi's Macbeth, she soon attracts the attention of a knife-wielding psycho who forces her to watch - with eyes pinned open - as he brutally despatches her friends and colleagues with sadistic delight. Can Betty free herself from this unending nightmare or does a more terrifying fate await?
Take your seats for Argento's Terror at the Opera!
CultFilms is proud to bring you this virtuoso terror classic in a stunning new 2K restoration, with colour regrading carried out under instruction from the maestro himself and in reference to his own, preferred, original cinema print - finally doing justice to Argento's original operatic vision and sound.
- Dual edition with slipcase
- New 2k scan, restored and re-graded in consultation with director Dario Argento
- New, improved English subtitles for the separate optional Italian audio
- Aria of Fear : A brand new candid interview with director Dario Argento
- Opera Backstage : A detailed, period documentary showing Argento making Opera (40 minutes)
- Restoration featurette on the process from raw to scan to the re-graded, restored final vision
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.