The scandal of the 1973 Cannes Film Festival, The Holy Mountain is a sprawling phantasmagoria of sacrilegious visual excess and existential yearning.
Jodorowskys most ambitious film sees the director himself play The Alchemist, a guru who guides a troupe of pilgrims, each representing a planet of the Solar System, on a magical quest to Lotus Island where they must ascend the Holy Mountain in search of spiritual enlightenment.
The Holy Mountain is presented here newly restored in 4K with a selection of informative new interviews and extras which provide unprecedented insight into this momentous film.
- New 4K restoration from the original 35mm camera negative approved by Alejandro Jodorowsky
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Uncompressed mono 1.0 LPCM audio and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
- Newly translated English, Spanish and French subtitles
- Audio commentary by Alejandro Jodorowsky
- Jodorowsky Remembers The Holy Mountain, a new interview filmed in Paris Newly filmed introduction with Richard Peña, Professor of Film Studies at Columbia University
- Pablo Leder: Jodorowskys Right Hand Man, Jodorowskys personal assistant remembers acting in El Topo and The Holy Mountain and his time spent with the director
- The A to Z of The Holy Mountain, a new video essay by writer Ben Cobb Deleted scenes with directors commentary
- The Tarot, a short film in which Jodorowsky explains the secrets of the cards
- Original trailer
- Image galleries
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.