Thanks to the efforts of the Film Noir Foundation, this terrific film noir, the only American print of which was burned in a 2008 fire, has been rescued and restored to its original lustre!
This nervy, shot-on-location thriller featuring a stunning performance from Ann Sheridan (Angels with Dirty Faces, They Drive by Night), showcases one of the finest cinematic depictions of mid-20th century San Francisco.
After witnessing a gangland execution Frank goes into hiding, while his wife, Eleanor (Sheridan), and the cops go on a wild chase around San Francisco before Frank is silenced by the mob. Eleanor is certain she ll lead them to her husband, whose testimony against the killer could bring down a crime kingpin. But Eleanor and her Frank are separated - she never wants to see him again. When roguish newspaperman Danny Legget (Dennis O Keefe, T-Men, Raw Deal) charms Eleanor into helping him track down the hidden husband - there are unexpected, stunning, and poignant results.
Restored by the Film Noir Foundation in conjunction with UCLA Film & Television Archive, Woman on the Run is finally made available in the UK for the first time on DVD and Blu-ray on 13th June 2016, courtesy of Arrow Academy.
- Brand new restoration of original 35mm vault elements by UCLA Film & Television Archive
- Presented in High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD
- Original mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio Commentary by author, historian, and noirchaeologist Eddie Muller
- Love is a Rollercoaster: Woman on the Run Revisited a new featurette on the making of the film, from script to noir classic, produced by Steven Smith and the Film Noir Foundation
- A Wild Ride: Restoring Woman on the Run a stranger-than-fiction document of the film s restoration, produced by Steven Smith and the Film Noir Foundation
- Noir City a short documentary directed by Joe Talbot about the annual Noir City Film Festival presented by the Film Noir Foundation at San Francisco s historic Castro Theatre
- Gallery featuring rare photographs, poster art and original lobby cards
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Griffin
- Booklet featuring new writing by Eddie Muller
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.