He baffles science! He confounds medicine! Submitted for your approval, the strange story of Scott Carey an ordinary young man who, through an extraordinary set of circumstances, becomes The Incredible Shrinking Man!
Whilst on a holiday cruise with his wife, young Scott finds himself enveloped by a luminous mist which cover him in a strange, glittery dust. Several months later, he s accidentally sprayed with an insecticide. Soon, Scott starts shrinking at an alarming rate, and before long he s thrust into a terrifying world of gigantic cats, spiders and other over-sized pitfalls!
Adapted for the screen by celebrated fantasy scribe Richard Matheson (I Am Legend) from his own novel, The Incredible Shrinking Man directed by sci-fi pioneer Jack Arnold (It Came from Outer Space, Creature from the Black Lagoon) is rightly regarded as being one of the finest science-fiction films of all time.
Released 13th November 2017 from Arrow Video, this beautiful UK Blu-ray debut features a documentary on Jack Arnold; new sleeve artwork and a collector's booklet; as well as, for old school enthusiasts, a Super 8 presentation of the film - the incredible shrinking reel, if you like.
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original uncompressed PCM mono audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Auteur on the Campus: Jack Arnold at Universal an extended documentary about the early career of director Jack Arnold at Universal-International studios
- There Is No Zero: Writing The Shrinking Man an in-depth conversation with author Richard Christian Matheson about his father and the creation of the original Incredible Shrinking Man novel
- Super 8 cut-down version
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sara Deck
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Fully-illustrated collector s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Kim Newman
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.