Network will release the 1980s classic cross generation sitcom After Henry - The Complete First Series on DVD 10th March 2008. The set contains all six episodes from the first series, complete and uncut.
Prunella Scales (Fawlty Towers) is the widowed Sarah France. Though her deceased husband has left her well-cared for financially, he has also left her alone to deal with something rather more of a handful: a demanding, cunning mother and a prickly, adolescent daughter.
Joan Sanderson (Please Sir) is the devious Eleanor, whose lot in life does not include making things easier for her daughter Sarah. As for the angst-ridden teenage daughter Clare (Janine Wood - Krakatoa: The Last Days), who is desperate to leave home and establish her independence, provided that Sarah is there to tidy up the messy aftermaths.
With scripts by the multiple BAFTA winner Simon Brett (Rosemary and Thyme) and director Peter Frazer-Jones (Man About the House, George and Mildred) at the helm, After Henry regularly attracted 14 million viewers, and remains a memorable sitcom well worth revisiting.
- The Older Man: Sarah hears from her mother's geriatric gossip network that Clare is secretly meeting an "older man" and feels that she has to find out what?s really going on...
- Phone Calls: Sarah thinks she has finally found the perfect way to stop her mother from snooping in her part of the house. Unfortunately, she hasn't reckoned with Eleanor?s deviousness
- The Teapot: Eleanor is undecided about the terms of her will, and, of course, sees this as a wonderful opportunity to play her daughter off against her granddaughter
- Security: A lapse of security forces Sarah to install a burglar alarm, but Eleanor - needless to say - has other ideas as to how their property should be protected
- Romantic Complications: Sarah finds herself caught in the middle of both her daughter and her mother as she has to listen to endless confidences about their love-lives...
- The Birthday: A major celebration is approaching for Eleanor, and Sarah has secret plans for making the occasion memorable. But is it actually possible to keep anything secret from her mother?
- None or TBC
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.