Downton Abbey: The Movie (2019)
Wednesday 27th November 2019
Set in an Edwardian country house at the turn of the 20th Century, Downton Abbey portrays the lives of the Crawley family and the servants who work for them. In the drawing rooms, library and beautiful bedrooms of Downton Abbey, lives the family. Below stairs are the other residents, the servants, as fiercely jealous of their ranks as anyone above stairs.
Excitement is high at Downton Abbey when the Crawley family learns that King George V and Queen Mary are coming to visit. But trouble soon arises when Mrs. Patmore, Daisy and the rest of the servants learn that the king and queen travel with their own chefs and attendants -- setting the stage for an impromptu scheme and other shenanigans.
Winner of numerous national and international awards, Downton Abbey's notable accolades include three Golden Globes, including Best Mini Series, and fifteen Primetime Emmy Awards, including Best Mini Series. With a total of 69 nominations, Downton Abbey is the most nominated non-US show in the history of the Emmys, and probably Britain's most successful scripted television export. The show has even garnered a Guinness World Record for highest critical ratings for a TV show, and been honoured with a Special BAFTA Award in recognition of its unique contribution to television in Britain and around the world.
Downton Abbey: The Movie is released on DVD and Blu-ray 27th January 2020 from Universal Pictures (UK).
- Deleted Scenes
- Cast Conversations - Exclusive roundtable interviews with the cast
- The Royal Visit - A look at how the royal visit proved to be an ambitious event both on and behind the camera
- True to the Twenties - Fans of Downton Abbey are charmed by the sheer grandeur of the aristocracy in the early 20th century. Learn how Downton Abbey maintains a reputation of being true to the time period
- Welcome to Downton Abbey - A behind-the-scenes look at the grandeur of Highclere Castle and how it serves as a cornerstone in the Downton Abbey franchise
- The Brilliance of Julian Fellowes - Writer Julian Fellowes has created a story and beloved characters that resonate with people across the world. This piece celebrates Julian's brilliant creativity and reveals his approach to bringing Downton Abbey to the big screen
- Feature Commentary with Director Michael Engler
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.