Wheels On Meals: Eureka Classics (1984)
Friday 18th January 2019
Eureka Entertainment to release Wheels On Meals, a spectacular, non-stop action comedy starring Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao, presented from a brand new 2K restoration for the first time ever on Blu-ray in the UK as part of the Eureka Classics range on 18th March 2019. Available with a Limited Edition slipcase and booklet.
From a brand new 2K restoration comes perhaps the greatest martial-arts comedy of all time, Sammo Hung's Wheels on Meals, starring Hung, Jackie Chan, and Yuen Biao as the most exciting triple act in action movie history!
Fast food chefs Thomas (Chan) and David (Biao) find themselves cooking up trouble when detective Moby (Hung) involves them in the case of a missing heiress. The three friends need all of their daring and physical dexterity when they find themselves facing a triple helping of danger.
Also starring Lola Forner (Armour of God) and Benny "The Jet" Urquidez (Dragons Forever), who faces off against Chan in an incredible fight sequence that is legendary amongst martial-arts film fans, Wheels on Meals has to be seen to be believed. Eureka Classics is extremely proud to present this iconic piece of action cinema on Blu-ray for the first time ever in the UK!
- Limited edition slipcase [4000 copies ONLY]
- Stunning 1080p presentation from a brand new 2K restoration
- Optional English subtitles
- Original Cantonese audio track, available in both original mono (LPCM) and newly restored DTS-HD MA 5.1
- Optional English audio from the film's international release, featuring an alternate (and much funkier) soundtrack, available in both original mono and 5.1
- Alternate English dub track from the films 2006 DVD release (available in 5.1 only)
- New and Exclusive audio option - a custom audio option featuring the original Cantonese dialogue track, but mixed with the alternate soundtrack from the international release
- On Giant's Shoulders - An archival interview with Sammo Hung [7 mins]
- An additional archival interview with Sammo Hung [10 mins]
- Born to Fight - An archival interview with Yuen Biao [15 mins]
- Jet Fighter - An archival interview with kickboxing champion and martial-artist Benny "The Jet" Urquidez" [28 mins]
- King of the Ring - An archival interview with martial-artist Keith Vitali [33 mins]
- The Inside Track - An archival interview with director and action choreographer Stanley Tong [34 mins]
- Spartan X Alternate Credits - The original Japanese version of Wheels on Meals featured these alternate "blooper reel" credits which would later become a traditional feature of films starring Jackie Chan (can be viewed isolated or as part of the main feature)
- Additional Outtake footage [4 mins]
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- International Release Trailer
- Original Japanese "Spartan X" trailer
- PLUS: A Limited Edition Collector's Booklet featuring a new essay by James Oliver [4000 copies ONLY]