Toast of London (2012)
Tuesday 12th November 2013
With the critically acclaimed pilot episode described as 'flat out the funniest half hour of TV' (Heat Magazine), Toast of London is a must-see for all comedy fans. Featuring a stellar cast including Matt Berry, Doon Mackichan, Harry Peacock and Robert Bathurst, the full season is released on DVD on 25th November 2013.
Matt Berry (The IT Crowd) is Steven Toast, an actor whose career consists of mostly voiceovers and appearing in what is widely considered as the worst ever West End play. Now, avoiding attacks from angered theatre goers and awaiting a divorce, Toast is staying with a fellow actor Ed Howzer-Black (Robert Bathurst, Downton Abbey) and trying to get his career back on track. The pilot episode sees Toast auditioning for the series 'Inspector Somerset'. However, the director has been recently imprisoned for racial chanting, so Toast has to audition for the role of a corrupt detective during visitor's time, in prison.
Toast of London is written by Matt Berry and Arthur Mathews (Father Ted, The Catherine Tate Show). The DVD release will include all six episodes of the season, plus exclusive special features. The perfect, hilarious antidote to the winter blues, get your copy of Toast of London on DVD from 25th November 2013, courtesy of Channel 4 DVD.
- The Pilot Episode
- Audio commentary with Michael Cumming (Director), Matt Berry (Writer), Arthur Matthews (Writer) and Kate Daughton (Producer)
- Burnt Toast
- Making Toast
- The Forsyth Saga
- Toast and Purchase Art Film Dub - XXX Version
- Toast sings a song about London
- The Theme from Toast of London Unplugged
- 'My name is Michael Ball'... a Short Film about Michael Ball
- On the analyst's couch - Dr Adrian Flaire talks to Steven Toast about his acting career and some of the famous names he's worked with The Songs
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.