The second film Howard Hawks (The Criminal Code) made at Columbia Pictures is among his greatest works. John Barrymore plays a theatre impresario down on his luck. Carole Lombard is his former protégé, now a major star. When the two meet by chance aboard the Twentieth Century locomotive, their love-hate relationship is reignited.
Now recognised as a classic, Twentieth Century, released 22nd March 2021 as a Limited Edition Blu-ray from Powerhouse Films, is the film which established the template for the screwball comedy - and made Lombard a star.
- 4K restoration
- Original mono audio
- Audio commentary with film critic and writer Farran Smith Nehme (2021)
- Stars in Her Eyes (2021, 17 mins): academic Lucy Bolton discusses the film career of actor Carole Lombard
- Peter Bogdanovich Recommends 'Twentieth Century' (1989, 5 mins): appreciation by the acclaimed filmmaker
- Super 8 version: cut-down home cinema presentation
- The Campbell Playhouse: 'Twentieth Century' (1939, 57 mins): radio adaptation starring Orson Welles and Elissa Landi
- Austin Film Society trailer (2016)
- Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography
- New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Limited edition exclusive 32-page booklet with a new essay by Pamela Hutchinson, Howard Hawks on Twentieth Century, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and film credits
- World premiere on Blu-ray Limited edition of 3,000 copies
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.