The Promise (2017)
Tuesday 1st August 2017
From the Academy Award®-winning director of Hotel Rwanda, Terry George, comes a powerful and sweeping epic set during the last days of the Ottoman Empire, The Promise arroving on DVD and Blu-ray 4th September 2017 from Entertainment One.
Inspired by true events, the extraordinary story of The Promise is set amidst the chaos of war and showcases an exceptional cast including Oscar Isaac (Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Ex Machina), Charlotte Le Bon (The Hundred-Foot Journey, The Walk), Christian Bale (The Dark Knight Trilogy, The Big Short), Angela Sarafyan (Westworld, American Horror Story), Marwan Kenzari (The Mummy, Ben-Hur), Shohreh Aghdashloo (Star Trek Beyond, The Expanse) and James Cromwell (The Young Pope, Boardwalk Empire).
Sparks fly when a humble Armenian medical student (Isaac) falls in love with an artist (Le Bon) already committed to a renowned and worldly journalist (Bale). But as tensions rise with the outbreak of World War I, the trio must set passions aside to survive as the world around them crumbles and one of history's darkest yet rarely told chapters unfolds before their eyes.
The Promise comes packed with exclusive bonus content including deleted scenes as well as a special behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film delving deeper into one of the most tragic events in WWI history.
- Deleted Scenes - Includes commentary by Director/Co-Writer Terry George
- The Love Story - Oscar Issac, Christian Bale, Charlotte Le Bon, and Terry George examine the love triangle at the center of the film
- War and Struggle - A look at how the filmmakers balanced the historical responsibility of conveying the plight of Armenians during WWI accurately with the creative responsibility of developing relatable characters for the audience
- A Cause - Hear director Terry George and the cast discuss why the theme of hope is so crucial to understanding Armenian resilience in the face of the wartime atrocities
- Feature Commentary with Director Terry George and Producer Eric Esrailian
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.