Journey To The Center Of The Earth: Eureka Classics (1959)
Tuesday 15th August 2017
Jules Verne's classic novel, Journey to the Center of the Earth, is brought to the screen in this thrilling adventure about a band of intrepid explorers descending to the hidden reaches of our world.
Professor Lindenbrook (James Mason; 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, North by Northwest) discovers a long hidden message that reveals the existence of a passage into the centre of the Earth. Leading a team of unlikely adventurers (including Pat Boone, Arlene Dahl, and... a duck), the groups daring expedition will see them come up against exploding volcanoes, rockslides and even flesh-eating reptiles!
Scored by the legendary Bernard Hermann and filmed in stunning Cinemascope, Journey to the Center of the Earth is a much beloved classic, and a landmark in both Science-Fiction and Adventure filmmaking. Eureka Classics is proud to present the film for the first time on Blu-ray in the UK, from a stunning 4K restoration.
Journey to the Center of the Earth is released on Blu-ray 18th September 2017.
- 1080p presentation from a definitive 4K restoration
- Optional stereo PCM soundtrack and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio options
- Isolated music and effects track
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio Commentary with Actress Diane Baker and Film Historians Steven C. Smith & Nick Redman
- New video interview with critic and author Kim Newman
- Featurette on the film s restoration
- Original theatrical trailer
- PLUS: A booklet featuring an original review of the film from 1959; a poster gallery; and a selection of rare archival imagery
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.