Arrow Films are pleased to announce the DVD Box Set release of Jean Reno's hit Parisian Cop drama Jo on 5th August 2013.
In his first TV series role since the 1980s, Reno plays Jo St-Clair, a veteran detective in Paris's elite Criminal Brigade, tackling the city's most challenging murder cases.
From René Balcer, the Emmy® winning producer of Law & Order and an all-star line-up of directors, including Charlotte Sieling (The Killing, The Bridge), Jo's unique storylines take its audience behind-the-scenes at some of Paris' most iconic locations. Heinous crimes are committed in the picturesque settings of the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the Catacombs and Place Vendome.
As we follow St-Clair on his pursuit of justice, the extent of the turmoil in his personal life becomes apparent - a recently deceased wife and long estrangement from his damaged daughter combine with a fight against drink and drug addiction, creating the perfect storm of loneliness.
Finding solace in his brilliant but brutal police work, St-Clair locks horns with pathological killers to solve a series of shocking murders.
Alongside Jean Reno are Tom Austen (The Borgias), who plays Boyard, Jo's college-educated rookie partner and Jill Hennessy (Crossing Jordan) as Karyn, Jo's adviser and friend. Boyard's by-the-book approach is an entertaining contrast to Jo's no holds barred methods.
Supervising the Criminal Brigade is tough-minded police chief Commisaire Dormont, wonderfully portrayed by Irish-born actress Orla Brady, who has suffered a long and turbulent history with Saint-Clair.
Following the success of their French cop-thriller Braquo and the sultry and sensual Maison Close, Arrow Films are proud to be bringing yet another top-quality Gallic drama to the UK.
- Episode 1 - "Notre Dame" A body is found beaten and strangled under the "Last Judgment" portal of Notre Dame. The victim's ears symbolically pierced, Jo concludes that this was the killer's way of saying that this victim wasn't worth God's mercy
- Episode 2 - "Pigalle" During fashion week, the barely-alive body of a glamorous former model is found hanging in the upper levels of the Eiffel tower's iron structure. Her lover's estranged wife is Jo's first suspect
- Episode 3 - "Place De La Concorde" Notorious young stunt man Alain"Spiderman" Robert is found with his neck broken dressed in climbing gear at the base of the Obelisk. Jo discovers Alain was hired by a rich industrialist to spy on a kinky sex play involving one of France's most prestigious families
- Episode 4 - "The Invalides" 35-year-old Mirage fighter pilot Charlotte Dumas is found dead inside Les Invalides wearing a ring stolen in a notorious unsolved murder. The main suspect is a mechanic in Charlotte's crew who had a controversial relationship.
- Episode 5 - "Place Vendome" In a garage under Place Vendome, firemen find a burnt corpse behind the wheel of a car. The cops identify Philip Roquin, an accountant at a jewellery store. His family and employer's testimonies differ but who is lying?
- Episode 6 - "Le Marais" Place Des Vosges, a stone's throw from Victor Hugo's apartment. A young woman is found dead from a blunt-force head wound. Jo deducts the murder was not premeditated but more likely a crime of passion.
- Episode 7 - "Opera" On a sunny afternoon after taking his daughter to her ballet lesson, a middle-aged man gets stabbed on the steps of the Palais Garnier. The victim being an economist and a family man, everything suggests the murder was random.
- Episode 8 - "The Catacombs" A young woman is found stabbed to death in the Catacombs, an area known popular with Goth teenagers and would-be Satanists. Suspicion at first falls on those two groups but the style of the killing suggests a sexual motive.
- None or TBC
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.