Dr. Strangelove: Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb (1963)
Friday 11th June 2021
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment invites you to re-live Stanley Kubrick's satirical comedy Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.
This celebrated film features a cadre of premier talent whose performances are taken to new heights in high definition. Peter Sellers (The Pink Panther, Lolita) stars in this uniquely dark comedy and displays his talent and versatility as he portrays the roles of British Exchange Officer, Group Captain Lionel Mandrake, President Merkin Muffley, and Dr. Strangelove, the wheelchair-bound ex-Nazi nuclear war expert.
The story follows paranoid and utterly mad U.S. Air Force General Jack Ripper (Sterling Hayden) who sends bombers to destroy the U.S.S.R. which will unleash a cataclysmic series of events ultimately leading to total nuclear Armageddon.
Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb, released on 4K UHD for the first time 12th July 2021 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, is an inimitable film that demonstrates political satire at its finest. Nominated for four Oscars including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor in a Leading Role and Best Screenplay, this cult classic was made to be seen in high definition.
Stanley Kubrick's black comedy classic about an 'accidental' nuclear attack received four Oscar nominations (including Best Picture, 1964). Convinced the Commies want to pollute America's 'precious bodily fluids', a crazed general (Sterling Hayden) orders a nuclear air strike on the U.S.S.R.
As his aide, Captain Mandrake (Peter Sellers) scrambles to unlock a recall code to prevent the bombing, the U.S. President (Sellers again) calls a drunken Soviet Premier on the hotline claiming the proposed attack is a silly mistake, while the President's advisor, an ex-Nazi scientist, Dr. Strangelove (Sellers once again) verifies the existence of a dreaded Doomsday machine - a retaliatory device designed by the Soviets to end the human race once and for all!
- Stanley Kubrick Considers the Bomb Featurette
- Mick Broderick Interview
- Joe Dunton and Kelvin Pike Interview
- Richard Daniels Interview
- David George Interview
- Rodney Hill Interview
- Archival Stanley Kubrick Audio Interview
- The Today Show Clips featuring Peter Sellers and George C. Scott
- Exhibition Trailer
- Theatrical Trailer
- The Cold War: Picture-in-Picture and Pop-Up Trivia Track
- No Fighting in the War Room Or: Dr. Strangelove and the Nuclear Threat
- Inside: Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
- Best Sellers Or: Peter Sellers and Dr. Strangelove
- The Art of Stanley Kubrick: From Short Films to Strangelove
- An Interview with Robert McNamara
- Split-Screen Interviews with Peter Sellers and George C. Scott
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.