Twelve Monkeys (1995)
Friday 10th August 2018
Following the commercial and critical success of The Fisher King, Terry Gilliam next feature would turn to science fiction and a screenplay by Janet and David Peoples (Blade Runner, Unforgiven) inspired by Chris Marker's classic short film La Jetée.
In 1996, a deadly virus is unleashed by a group calling themselves the Army of the Twelve Monkeys, destroying much of the world's population and forcing survivors underground. In 2035, prisoner James Cole (Bruce Willis, Die Hard) is chosen to go back in time and help scientists in their search for a cure.
Featuring an Oscar-nominated turn by Brad Pitt (Fight Club) as mental patient Jeffrey Goines, Twelve Monkeys would become Gilliam's most successful film and is now widely regarded as a sci-fi classic. Released 15th October 2018 on Blu-ray, Arrow Films are proud to present the film in a stunning new restoration.
- Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original negative by Arrow Films, approved by director Terry Gilliam
- DTS 5.1 Master Audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Audio commentary by Terry Gilliam and producer Charles Roven
- The Hamster Factor and Other Tales of Twelve Monkeys, feature-length making-of documentary by Keith Fulton and Louis Pepe (Lost in La Mancha)
- Extensive image gallery
- Theatrical trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
- First pressing only: Illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Nathan Rabin and archive materials
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.