Directed by Italian genre-film stalwart Enzo G Castellari (Inglorious Bastards), Cold Eyes of Fear (Gli occhi freddi della paura) is a tense and brutal thriller which features an all-star line-up, including Gianni Garko (If You Meet Sartana Pray for Your Death), Fernando Rey (The French Connection), Giovanna Ralli (What Have They Done to Your Daughters?), and Frank Wolff (Once Upon a Time in the West).
When wealthy playboy Peter Flower picks up the beautiful Anna and takes her back to his uncle's house, he and his guest find that their plans for the evening are cut short by the shocking discovery of a corpse and the surprise appearance of a pair of violent criminals.
With its vibrant London locations and discordant jazz score - composed by the great Ennio Morricone and performed by the legendary free-improvisation collective, Gruppo di Improvvisazione Nuova Consonanza - this stylish home-invasion thriller is presented in an all-new 4K restoration from the original negative.
With a brand-new 4K restoration from the original negative, Cold Eyes of Fear is released on Blu-ray and 4K UHD as a limited edition 26th June 2023 from Powerhouse Films.
- Brand-new 4K restoration from the original negative by Powerhouse Films
- Original English mono soundtrack
- Audio commentary with critics and authors David Flint and Adrian J Smith (2023)
- Directing Fear (2023): legendary director Enzo G Castellari looks back at the production and his experience of working with the actors
- An Italian in London (2023): actor Gianni Garko reflects on his role, and considers the film's place within his career
- The Men in the Editing Room (2023): assistant editor Gianfranco Amicucci recalls a creative collaboration
- Lovely Jon on Ennio Morricone (2023): the DJ and soundtrack enthusiast dissects the film's experimental jazz score
- Original theatrical trailer
- Image gallery: promotional and publicity materials
- New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Limited edition exclusive 80-page book with a new essay by Roberto Curti, a career-spanning archival interview with director Enzo G Castellari conducted by Mark Wickum, archival interviews with actors Gianni Garko and Giovanna Ralli, archival news reports on the death of actor Frank Wolff, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and full film credits
- Limited edition of 10,000 numbered units (6,000 4K UHDs and 4,000 Blu-rays) for the UK and US
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.