Follow the incredible real-life tale of courage and commitment as an interracial couple fights for marriage equality in the case that went all the way to the United States Supreme Court in Loving, arriving Blu-ray and DVD 16th June 2017, from Universal Pictures (UK).
Loving is the new film from acclaimed writer/director Jeff Nichols (Take Shelter, Mud, Midnight Special). Richard and Mildred Loving (portrayed in the film by Golden Globe® nominees Joel Edgerton and Ruth Negga), fell in love and were married in 1958. The couple had grown up in Central Point, a small town in Virginia that was more integrated than surrounding areas in the American South.
Yet it was the state of Virginia, where they were making their home and starting a family, that first jailed and then banished them. Richard and Mildred relocated with their children to the inner city of Washington, D.C. While relatives made them feel welcome there, the more urban environment did not feel like home to them. Ultimately, the pull of their roots in Virginia would spur Mildred to try to find a way back. Their civil rights case, Loving v. Virginia, went all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, which in 1967 reaffirmed the very foundation of the right to marry. Richard and Mildred returned home and their love story has become an inspiration to couples ever since.
Also starring Marton Csokas (The Bourne Supremacy), Nick Kroll (Sing), and Academy Award® nominee Michael Shannon (Nocturnal Animals), Loving is a moving film that Ben Dickinson of Elle calls "a deeply romantic and irresistibly human story."
- Making Loving - Filmmakers and cast discuss the importance of staying true to the story of Richard and Mildred Loving
- A Loving Ensemble - The filmmakers describe how they assembled the perfect cast
- Loving v. Virginia - A look back at this historic court case and its impact on American history
- Virginia: A Loving Backdrop - Filmmakers and cast describe how shooting on location in Virginia added to the film's authentic feel
- Feature Commentary with Writer/Director Jeff Nichols
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.