How do you follow up a film as iconic as Joe Dante's seminal werewolf epic The Howling? With a star turn from horror legend Christopher Lee and a leather-clad Sybil Danning (The Red Queen Kills Seven Times), Howling II is more than up to the challenge!
After a young woman dies in violent circumstances, her brother is approached by a stranger (Lee) who reveals that she was in fact a werewolf. The brother's initial scepticism is quickly diffused when he encounters the fanged beasts first-hand. Now the pair, joined by a plucky journalist, must travel to Transylvania to destroy werewolf queen Stirba (Danning), and rid the world of lycanthropes once and for all.
Helmed by director Philippe Mora (Mad Dog Morgan, The Beast Within), who would go on to direct the equally barmy follow-up Howling III: The Marsupials, Howling II is a campy horror extravaganza featuring killer dwarves, werewolf orgies and '80s punk rock galore!
Howling II is released on dual-format DVD and Blu-ray by Arrow Video on 14th November 2016.
- Brand new digital transfer
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original Uncompressed Mono PCM audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary with director Philippe Mora
- Audio commentary with composer Steve Parsons and editor Charles Bornstein
- Leading Man - an interview with actor Reb Brown
- Queen Of The Werewolves - an interview with actress Sybil Danning
- A Monkey Phase - interviews with special make-up effects artists Steve Johnson and Scott Wheeler
- Behind-the-Scenes Footage
- Alternate Opening and Alternate Ending
- Still Gallery
- Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.