Titanic: Deluxe Collector's Edition (1997)
Thursday 1st November 2007
Celebrate 10 years of the biggest film of all time with the Titanic Deluxe Collector's Edition on DVD, re-released on 12th November 2007 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. Reminisce about the first time you saw James Cameron's Academy Award® winning epic adventure and dive deeper behind the scenes with this incredible 4 disc edition which offers the chance to experience an alternative ending, a new kiss and many new adventures.
Titanic's fantastic voyage had an enormous effect on the movie-going public from the time of its first release 10 years ago. The tale of the famed ocean liner touched audiences worldwide beginning with its debut in Australia on December 18, 1997, charting a course into industry record books with incredible speed.
The film achieved legendary box office figures totalling more than £69 million, and spent 13 weeks as number one at the UK box office. Now ten years after its theatrical release, Titanic stands alone as the only film to ever achieve more than $1 billion worldwide. Following its record-breaking run in cinemas Titanic's course continued on home entertainment selling 5 million VHS units from 19 October 1998 (UK) and over 1 million DVD units (UK) to date.
Titanic was honoured at the 70th Annual Academy Awards® in March 1998 with 11 Oscars®, including Best Picture and Best Director. Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet light up the screen as Jack and Rose, the young lovers who find each other on the maiden voyage of the 'unsinkable' ship R.M.S. Titanic. When the doomed luxury liner collides with an iceberg in the frigid North Atlantic their passionate love affair becomes a thrilling race for survival.
With the 4-disc Titanic Deluxe Collector's Edition viewers will see the re-mastered theatrical feature along with a wide selection of all new materials put together under the direction of James Cameron. Discover over 3 additional hours of exclusive material brought together especially for this release. These special features give viewers an insider's look at scenes that didn't make it to the final cut of the film, show James Cameron in action during production, and much more about the legendary Titanic than ever imagined. They also include Titanic television specials, parodies, and trailers.
- New Ending: a nine minute alternate film ending shown for the very first time
- Behind-the-Scenes Branched Footage: from exclusive footage of Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio to a glance into what really happened behind-the-scenes of this multi-million dollar production, and much more. Viewers get 50 minutes of new branched footage.
- 3 Brand New Commentaries: includes a James Cameron commentary; a cast and crew commentary; and a historical commentary
- Over 45 Minutes of New Deleted Footage: Jack fighting for his life, the passionate kiss you never saw, and Jack and Rose in their final moments together, this is just a sampling of over 45 minutes of new deleted scenes made available for the first time. Each scene is state of the art, with the effects finished to match the special effects in the theatrical feature
- Production and Special Effects Featurettes: with this selection of featurettes, take an insider's look at James Cameron in action. Get a better understanding of what goes on behind-the-scenes of a major movie production. Experience the building of the Titanic studio and film set from the ground up, dissect scenes, dive to the wreckage of the actual ship and view the film crew's personal video footage and much more
- Breaking New Ground: this TV special shows that there is much more to Titanic than you ever imagined. Watch the monumental efforts that went into creating this film, beginning with building a studio just for the production of Titanic through to its changing of industry standards, and breaking industry records
- The Heart of the Ocean: HBO's First Look TV special takes a look at Titanic before it became the largest floating vessel of the worldwide box-office that we know today
- 3 Titanic Parodies: watch as the biggest film of all-time is spoofed in these three pieces
- Trailers: a selection of trailers, including some never-before-aired or shown
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.