Your dreams will never be the same.
Following his Academy Award success working on Star Wars and Alien and directing two breakout short films, British newcomer Roger Christian made his feature directing debut with The Sender, a shocking psychic thriller filled with unforgettably chilling nightmare imagery.
After an unsuccessful suicide attempt, an amnesiac young man (Zeljko Ivanek, Hannibal) is labelled "John Doe #83" and admitted to a psychiatric hospital for evaluation. Dr Gail Farmer (Kathryn Harrold, Modern Romance) tries to establish a connection with him, but soon begins to experience frightening hallucinations. She quickly realises that the cause of these waking nightmares is none other than the mysterious John Doe, and the strange woman (Academy Award nominee Shirley Knight, The Dark at the Top of the Stairs) who visits the hospital claiming to be his mother...
Hailed by none other than Quentin Tarantino as his favourite film of 1982, and boasting an virtuoso early score by Trevor Jones (The Last Of The Mohicans), The Sender is a stylish precursor to the "rubber reality" dream-logic special effects seen in films like the A Nightmare on Elm Street series, but retains a horrific power of its own.
The Sender is released on Blu-ray 17th June 2019 from Arrow Video.
- High Definition (1080p) Blu-Ray presentation
- Original uncompressed stereo audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary by director Roger Christian
- Newly-filmed interview with screenwriter Tom Baum
- Newly-filmed appreciation by critic Kim Newman
- Deleted scenes from the screenplay, including the original ending
- Theatrical trailer
- Image gallery
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Luke Insect
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.
The Running Man
Triangle of Sadness
The Four Musketeers: Vintage Classics
The Banshees of Inisherin
Mystery Road: Origin
Winnie-The-Pooh: Blood and Honey
The Three Musketeers: Vintage Classics
The Untold Story
Knock At The Cabin