When American businesswoman Angela Barrows (Constance Cummings) is sent by her company to Edinburgh to look into potential export markets, she meets Robert MacPherson (Robert Morley), a company manager who has just inherited his father's textile business and wants her advice on updating it to modern standards.
Before long Angela is introducing all sorts of new-fangled ideas and the employees, scandalised that they have to work under a female boss, turn to Mr Martin (Peter Sellers), who promises to lead the fight against the interloper.
The Battle Of The Sexes is released on dual-format DVD and Blu-ray 20th April 2020 from BFI.
- Hancock's Hard Boiled Eggs: Sellers's contemporary, the Lad from East Cheam himself, Tony Hancock, appears with The Battle Of The Sexes' Patricia Hayes in this cracking collection of 11 egg-cellent Egg Marketing Board adverts from 1966
- A Ghost Of A Chance (1968, 50 mins): Bonus feature-length fun for all the family as Sellers's chum Graham Stark stars with Ronnie Barker, Patricia Hayes, Jimmy Edwards, Bernard Cribbins and Terry Scott in a corking Children's Film Foundation comedy
- Images of Edinburgh in Archive Film: An atmospheric selection of rarely-seen short films capturing Scotland's capital in the first half of the 20th Century, from the vaults of the BFI National Archive
- Woolly Wonders: Evocative 1940s archive films of traditional Scottish clothmaking, shot in colour by the great Jack Cardiff
- Image gallery
- Fully illustrated booklet with an essay by the BFI's Vic Pratt; biographies of Charles Crichton, Constance Cummings, Robert Morley and James Thurber by Kieron McCormack; notes on the special features and full film credits
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.