Planet Earth III explores the greatest habitats on our planet and the extraordinary animals that live in them.
Filled with wonder and insight, Planet Earth III celebrates places and animals beyond our imagination. From the depths of the ocean to the most remote jungle, discover the planet's last great wild places and the astonishing strategies animals have evolved to survive. Each episode focuses on a distinct and dazzling habitat, including grasslands and deserts, forests, freshwater habitats, and coasts.
This contemporary chapter of Planet Earth also reveals the new challenges that wildlife faces in our modern and crowded world.
- Coasts - Where land and sea collide, this dynamic habitat houses some of the planet's most surprising stories
- Ocean - The largest habitat of all, the open ocean is the ultimate realm of new discovery, housing countless secrets that we are continuing to unlock
- Deserts & Grasslands - The largest habitat of all, the open ocean is the ultimate realm of new discovery, housing countless secrets that we are continuing to unlock
- Freshwater - Housing one tenth of all species on the planet, freshwater is a rich and diverse habitat filled with never-ending surprises
- Forests - Journey to these secret worlds where lives are entwined in the most unexpected of ways
- Extremes - Uncover stories where life exists on a knife edge amongst Earth's greatest natural wonders
- Human - Altering 80% of the land's surface, there are now over 8 billion people on the planet. They must to share this space with a myriad of species
- Heroes - We meet some incredible conservation champions on nature's front line, fighting to preserve the future of our beautiful planet
Planet Earth III is released on DVD, Blu-ray and 4K UHD 11th December 2023 from BBC Studios.
- None or TBC
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.