In January 2015, American rock climbers Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgeson captivated the world with their effort to climb the Dawn Wall, a seemingly impossible 3,000-foot rock face in Yosemite National Park, California. The pair lived on the sheer vertical cliff for weeks, igniting a frenzy of global media attention.
But for Tommy Caldwell, the Dawn Wall was much more than just a climb. It was the culmination of a lifetime defined by overcoming obstacles. At the age of 22, the climbing prodigy was taken hostage by rebels in Kyrgyzstan. Shortly after, he lost his index finger in an accident, but resolved to come back stronger. When his marriage fell apart, he escaped the pain by fixating on the extraordinary goal of free climbing the Dawn Wall.
Blurring the line between dedication and obsession, Caldwell and his partner Jorgeson spend six years meticulously plotting and practicing their route. On the final attempt, with the world watching, Caldwell is faced with a moment of truth. Should he abandon his partner to fulfill his ultimate dream, or risk his own success for the sake of their friendship?
The Dawn Wall is released on dual-format DVD and Blu-ray 23rd September 2019 from Mircale Media.
- Deleted scenes, outtakes, interviews, behind the scenes footage, and more come together to show how this legendary feat was accomplished
- Enamored - When Tommy met Becca
- Confidence - Kevin Jorgeson takes us through the mental and physical approach to pitch 12, the first of the 5.14s
- The Turning Point - Continuous shot of Tommy's push through Pitch 14, the crux of the Dawn Wall route
- Skeptics - How difficult is it to climb the Dawn Wall? Hear it from two of the world's best, Chris Sharma and Alex Honnold
- The First Attempt - 20 minutes footage from Tommy & Kevin's first attempt at the climb in 2010
- The Making of The Dawn Wall - Interviews, behind the scenes footage, and deleted scenes come together in this extra to show how the cast and crew captured the story that played itself out over 3000-ft of vertical rock over the course of six years
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.