'Back to the grind' takes on a whole new meaning on 17th October 2011 as Hung: The Complete Second Season arrives on DVD from HBO Home Entertainment. The darkly comedic series returns as Ray's attempts to achieve a balance between his burgeoning career as a gigolo and a normal life are hampered by his two female pimps.
The 10 episode, two disc collection comes loaded with special features including 'Hung: Inside the Series' a look behind the scenes into its making, deleted scenes and five audio commentaries with each episode writers and the series creators.
For series virgins, Hung follows Ray Drecker (Thomas Jane - Boogie Night, The Punisher) an unhappy, financially strapped history teacher and athletic coach at a suburban Detroit high school. After a fire destroyed his home Ray's twin teenagers (Charlie Saxton & Sianoa Smit-McPhee) moved to live with their remarried mother (Anne Heche - Donnie Brasco, Psycho).
With the help of friend and former conquest Tanya (Jane Adams - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind), Ray decided to turn his largest asset into an opportunity to make money and the pair began their careers as 'Happiness Consultants'.
Life is still hard for Ray in Season Two of the hit HBO noir comedy series as Hung continues the exploits of divorced gigolo Drecker on his quest to provide the ultimate customer satisfaction to women everywhere. His two feuding female pimps Tanya and Lenore (Rebecca Creskoff - Justified) face off in a hilarious battle to see who can most maximise Ray's growth and take sole responsibility for his career trajectory.
Broadcast in the UK on More4 and Channel 4, this critically acclaimed and thoughtfully crafted comedy drama is smart and edgy and shows HBO at the forefront of the social agenda. Innovative and coined as recession programming, the series looks at the lengths we go to in an economic downturn to keep our heads above water, in both a sensitive, yet highly entertaining way.
Continuing to work with some of the greatest storytellers in the world, Hung boasts the directing talents of HBO regulars Daniel Attias (Treme, Big Love, The Wire, Entourage) and David Petrarca (True Blood, Dirty Sexy Money, Eli Stone) as well as Bronwen Hughes (White Collar, Burn Notice, The L Word). The acclaimed cast earned three Golden Globe® nominations for Jane (two) and Adams for the first two seasons.
- Hung: Inside the Series
- Deleted Scenes
- Audio commentary on Episode 1, "Just the Tip" with creators/executive producers Colette Burson and Dmitry Lipkin
- Audio commentary on Episode 4, "Sing It Again, Ray" or "Home Plate" with creators/executive producers Colette Burson and Dmitry Lipkin and writer Brett C. Leonard
- Audio commentary on Episode 7, "The Middle East Is Complicated" with creators/executive producers Colette Burson and Dmitry Lipkin and writers Brett C. Leonard and Kyle Peck
- Audio commentary on Episode 8, "Third Base" or "The Rash" with creators/executive producers Colette Burson and Dmitry Lipkin and writer Julia Brownell
- Audio commentary on Episode 9, "Fat Off My Love" or "I'm the Allergen" with creators/executive producers Colette Burson and Dmitry Lipkin and writer Angela Robinson
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.