The Call Centre: Series 1 (2013)
Monday 17th March 2014
Meet Nev Wilshire, the inimitable boss and star of The Call Centre, the hit fly-on-the-wall documentary that follows the up-and-downs of a Swansea call centre, it returns to the BBC for a second series soon and series one comes to DVD courtesy of Acorn Media.
It's like The Office meets TOWIE, as Nev makes it his business to know the ins and outs of his call centre workers' professional and private lives and introduces a wonderful team of extraordinary characters:
- Call centre tea lady, Hayley Pearce, known to her friends as Hayley 'Fierce'
- Admin assistant, Kayleigh$ Davies, in whose honour Nev organises a speed dating night
- Single Mum, Lisa Grinter, who has used the call centre to find love with a colleague
- Shift Manager, Stephen 'Twe' Williams, who wanted to be a police officer but discovered his forte was in sales
- Chelsea Philips who spends hundreds of pounds a month on tanning products, make up and false nails
- South African born Dwayne Batchelor, a charmer who runs a tight ship on his shift
- Heledd Owen who started her career as an actress on the Welsh soap opera, Pobol Y Cwm
When series one of The Call Centre aired it quickly became a huge hit, via word of mouth and a huge Twitter buzz, and now it comes to DVD on 7th April 2014. So don't hang up, get acquainted with The Call Centre.
- Happy People Sell
- Some Will, Some Won't, So What, Next!
- Surround Yourself With the Right People and the Rest Is Easy
- The Cash Cow of the Company Has Stopped Giving Milk
- Get Back On the Horse and Ride
- Staff Profiles
- Picture Gallery
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.