This Autumn, Second Sight Films presents the horror release to end all horror releases. Fans, aficionados and collectors are in for a treat as horror maestro George A. Romero's long-awaited, highly anticipated Dawn of the Dead, finally gets the home entertainment release it deserves.
Widely acknowledged to be one of the greatest horror films of all time, this seminal work has been painstakingly restored and arrives in two separate format releases: Dawn Of The Dead Limited Edition 4K UHD and Dawn Of The Dead Limited Edition Blu-ray on 16th November 2020.
Both Box Sets arrive in stunning packaging featuring the original iconic poster art plus newly commissioned artwork inside. These include a whopping four discs - with three versions of the film: The Theatrical Cut, The Extended ('Cannes') Cut and The Argento Cut, plus stacks of special features that take in new and archive interviews, including the previously unreleased The Lost Romero Dawn Interview. With commentaries and documentaries galore, soundtrack CDs and a stunning brand new 160-page hardback book Dissecting the Dead complete with brand new writing, this is a veritable treasure trove and a must have for any collector.
The film originally arrived 10 years after the seminal Night of the Living Dead and ushered in a new era of zombie films. It showed Romero once again ahead of the curve, mixing biting political satire with state-of-the-art-gore for a genre defining masterpiece that packs as much of a punch today as it did 40 years ago.
With a zombie epidemic escalating, a small band of survivors seek refuge in that shrine to capitalism, the shopping mall. But the undead, still possessed by an instinctive desire to consume, have had the same idea... What follows is a nail-biting thrill-ride and fight to survive. Oh, and watch out for those helicopter blades!
- Zombies and Bikers - With John Amplas, Roy Frumkes, Tom Savini, Christine Forrest, Tom Dubensky, Tony Buba, Taso Stavrakis and a whole host of zombies and bikers! (59 mins)
- Memories of Monroeville - A tour of the mall with Michael Gornick, Tom Savini, Tom Dubensky and Taso Stavrakis (34 mins)
- Raising the Dead: The Production Logistics (25 mins) With Michael Gornick, Christine Forrest, John Amplas, Tom Dubensky (23 mins)
- The FX of Dawn with Tom Savini (13 mins)
- Dummies! Dummies! - An interview with Richard France (12 mins)
- The Lost Romero Dawn Interview: previously unreleased archive interview (20 mins)
- Super 8 Mall Footage by zombie extra Ralph Langer with option of archive commentary by Robert Langer and new commentary by Ralph Langer (13 mins)
- Document of the Dead: The Original Cut (66 mins)
- Document of the Dead: The Definitive Cut with optional commentary by Roy Frumkes (100 mins)
- The Dead Will Walk 2014 Documentary (80 mins)
- Trailers, TV and Radio Spots (TBC)
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.