The films of director Joe Dante have taken us to some strange places - a mysterious Chinatown antique store in Gremlins; a secluded resort populated by werewolves in The Howling; even deep inside the human body in Innerspace. But now he takes us to the strangest place of all - surburbia!
Family man Ray Peterson (Tom Hanks) is looking forward to a week of putting his feet up at home in the quiet, leafy cul-de-sac of Mayfield Place. But his plans are scuppered by the arrival of new next-door neighbours, The Klopeks, whose behaviour and habits are more than just a little kooky. But things go from kooky to downright sinister when local old boy Walter disappears, leading Ray and his buddies to suspect their new neighbours of killing and eating him! Sure, the Klopeks are a strange bunch what with their digging up the backyard in the middle of the night - but they're not devil-worshipping cannibal killers... are they?
If you're looking for a knowing slice of tongue-in-cheek terror then look no further than The 'Burbs, released on Blu-ray and Blu-Ray Steelbook for the first time on 15th September 2014, courtesy of Arrow Films. A stand-out horror comedy from a director who has given us more than his fair share of fun frighteners, The 'Burbs assembles a superb cast including Tom Hanks, Bruce Dern, Carrie Fisher and Corey Feldman in a tall tale of small-town terror. You'll never look at those eccentric neighbours in the same way again!
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the Theatrical cut, newly-restored from the original film elements
- Original uncompressed 2.0 Stereo PCM Audio
- Isolated Music and Effects Soundtrack
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- New audio commentary with writer Dana Olsen, moderated by author Calum Waddell
- There Goes the Neighbourhood: The Making of The Burbs - A new feature-length documentary including interviews with Dante, actors Corey Feldman, Courtney Gains and Wendy Schaal, director of photography Robert M. Stevens and production designer James H. Spencer
- The original Workprint cut of the film transferred from Director Joe Dante s personal copy, on home video for the very first time - includes deleted and alternate scenes!
- A Tale of Two Burbs Video featurette comparing the differences between the Workprint and Theatrical cuts of the film, with optional audio commentary from Dante
- Alternate ending, presented in HD for the very first time
- Original Theatrical Trailer in HD
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
- Collector s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Kenneth J. Souza, author of Scared Silly: The Films of Joe Dante, and an article looking at the collaborations of Joe Dante and composer Jerry Goldsmith, illustrated with original archive stills and posters
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.