The runaway success of Bonnie and Clyde in 1967 proved massively influential: it made stars of Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty, introduced a new form of violence to the movies, and inspired a stream of imitators, including Bloody Mama, Martin Scorsese's Boxcar Bertha and the directorial debut of John Milius, Dillinger.
Milius presents John Dillinger as an almost mythical figure, tracing the rise and fall of the depression era's Public Enemy Number One as he takes on the banks and the G-men, led by the infamous Melvin Purvis.
Starring Sam Peckinpah favourites Warren Oates and Ben Johnson as Dillinger and Purvis, and with a supporting cast including Harry Dean Stanton, Richard Dreyfuss and Michelle Phillips of the Mamas and the Papas, Dillinger is a top-drawer gangster picture: explosive, stylish and hugely entertaining.
With a 2K restoration of the film from original film materials, Dillinger is released on Blu-ray 3rd January 2022 from Arrow Video.
- 2K restoration of the film from original film materials
- High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation
- Original uncompressed PCM mono audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary by Stephen Prince, author of Savage Cinema and Screening Violence
- Shooting Dillinger, an interview with director of photography Jules Brenner
- Original Gangster, an interview with producer Lawrence Gordon
- Ballads and Bullets, an interview with composer Barry De Vorzon
- Still gallery
- Theatrical trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sean Phillips
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.