After the colossal success of The Evil Dead, director Sam Raimi teamed up with the Coen brothers (fresh from Blood Simple) to make his next film, Crimewave, an unusual mixture of screwball comedy, film noir and B-movie homage.
Raimi's film tells the bizarre story of a security-system installer, Vic (Reed Birney), who finds himself in the electric chair when he falls in love with Nancy (Sheree J Wilson), a femme fatale on the run from two bumbling exterminators 'of all sizes' (Paul L Smith, Popeye, and Brion James, Blade Runner).
A notoriously troubled production which flopped upon its original release, Crimewave can now be enjoyed as a riotously entertaining showcase for Raimi and the Coens, which also benefits from a highly amusing performance from cult-horror star Bruce Campbell.
Crimewave is released on limited edition Blu-ray 22nd March 2021 from Powerhouse Films.
- High Definition remaster
- Original mono audio
- Alternative presentation with pre-release Broken Hearts and Broken Noses title sequence
- Audio commentary with actor Bruce Campbell (2013)
- The Crimewave Meter with Bruce Campbell (2013): the Evil Dead star revisits Crimewave and his various collaborations with Sam Raimi
- Made in Detroit with Edward Pressman (2013): the producer discusses his participation in the making of the film
- Leading Man with Reed Birney (2013): the actor talks about his lead role in Crimewave and his wider career
- Rank Outsider (2021): genre-film expert, critic and author Kim Newman remembers the film's original UK cinema release
- New appreciation by the comedian, musician and writer Rob Deering (2021)
- Alternative titles and credits
- Original theatrical trailers
- TV spots
- Image gallery: promotional and publicity materials
- New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Amanda Reyes, interview extracts with cast and crew members, an overview of contemporary critical responses and film credits
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.