Dare you say his name five times? From the chilling imagination of horror master Clive Barker (Hellraiser, Nightbreed), comes Candyman - arguably one of the greatest horror movies of the 1990s, now newly restored on Blu-ray and released 29th October 2018 from Arrow Video.
When grad student Helen Lyle (Virginia Madsen) begins working on a thesis looking at urban legends, she encounters the tale of the Candyman - the vengeful spirit of a hook-handed slave, who, it is said, can be summoned by saying his name five times in the mirror. As her research leads her into the bowels of Chicago's deprived housing projects and deeper into the Candyman's world, Helen learns that some legends are best left alone...
Expertly directed by British filmmaker Bernard Rose and boasting an astounding score by composer Philip Glass, Candyman ingeniously reworks Clive Barker's original short story "The Forbidden" (originally published as part of his Books of Blood collection) into a modern horror parable that remains as timely today as ever.
- Brand new 2K restoration from a new 4k scan of the original negative, supervised and approved by writer-director Bernard Rose and director of photography Anthony B. Richmond
- 5.1 DTS-HD MA and Original Uncompressed Stereo 2.0 Audio
- Optional English subtitles
- Exclusive packaging featuring newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
- 6 Lobby Card reproductions
- Reversible fold-out poster featuring two artworks
- Fully illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by festival programmer Michael Blyth
- Limited Edition perfect-bound booklet reproducing the original hand-painted storyboards by Bernard Rose
- Brand new audio commentary with writer-director Bernard Rose and actor Tony Todd
- Brand new audio commentary with Stephen Jones and Kim Newman
- Be My Victim, a brand new interview with Tony Todd
- It Was Always You, Helen, a brand new interview with Virginia Madsen
- The Writing on the Wall: The Production Design of Candyman, a brand new interview with production designer Jane Ann Stewart
- Forbidden Flesh: The Makeup FX of Candyman, brand new interviews with special makeup effects artists Bob Keen, Gary J. Tunnicliffe and Mark Coulier
- A Story to Tell: Clive Barker's "The Forbidden", writer Douglas E. Winter on Clive Barker's seminal Books of Blood and Candyman's source story, "The Forbidden"
- Urban Legend: Unwrapping Candyman, a critical analysis of the film with writers Tananarive Due and Steven Barnes
- Theatrical Trailer
- Three rarely-seen Bernard Rose short films, newly restored in HD: Looking at Alice (30 mins, 1978), A Bomb With No Name on It (3 mins, 1976), The Wreckers (5 mins)
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.
Knock At The Cabin
All Quiet on the Western Front
John Wick: Chapter 4
The Truman Show
National Lampoon's Vacation
The Bionic Woman: The Complete Collection
Bruce Lee at Golden Harvest
The Six Million Dollar Man: The Complete Collection
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason