A viking with a conscience, Erik tires of pillaging and decides to set out on a quest. When the wise Freya informs Erik that a great mythic wolf has eaten the sun, the warrior resolves to venture to Asgard, home of the Norse gods, to set things right. Before Erik can reach Asgard, he and his allies must first find a magical horn that resides in the land of King Arnulf, who, luckily for the hero, has a lovely daughter, Princess Aud.
Written and directed by Terry Jones, the comic viking adventure Erik The Viking is released on dual format DVD and Blu-ray as a Special Edition 28th December 2020 from Signal One Entertainment. The release includes 103-minute and 93-minute cuts of the film in HD, along with "The Director's Son's Cut" (79-minutes) in standard definition.
- Commentary track on the theatrical release cut by film historian and author Mike McPadden and comedy writer/producer Aaron Lee
- Commentary track on The Director's Son's Cut by Terry Jones
- Original behind the scenes feature
- The Evolution of a Director
- Creating the look
- Special effects
- Making Movie Magic in Malta
- Jones and Cleese - A Grand Reunion
- Raw interview footage
- Original theatrical trailer
- Booklet with essay by Neil Mitchell
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.