Featuring a young Russell Crowe in a knock out early performance, Romper Stomper is a gritty Australian urban thriller highlighting the danger of scapegoating and racial prejudice. With its skinhead protagonists and violent motif, the movie walks in the shadow of productions such as Alan Clarke's Made In Britain and acted as a precursor to later work like American History X and This is England.
Hando (Crowe), the psychotic leader of a gang of marauding neo-Nazi teenagers, begins a relationship with the epileptic Gabrielle, but though they at first make a good team the courtship soon turns abusive. Though Gabrielle has designs to take Hando away from his life of crime and destruction, his indoctrination into a racist world viewpoint seems all-consuming.
Hard-hitting and at times cruel, this sadistic drama bleeds with unpalatable truths and difficult to face up to notions of culture, identity and working-class disintegration.
Romper Stomper: Collector's Edition is released on Blu-ray 30th May 2022 from 88 Films.
- Rigid Slipcase, Poster and Artcards
- 40-Page Perfect-bound book featuring Stomping Across The UK by Tim Murray & Skins in the Game by Sean Hogan
- Remastered HD Transfer at ITV Studios
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- 5.1 DTS-HD MA Surround
- 2.0 DTS-HD MA Stereo
- Audio Commentary with Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Josh Nelson
- Audio Commentary with Director Geoffrey Wright
- Optional English SDH
- Archive Interviews with Russell Crowe, Jacqueline McKenzie, Tony Lee, Geoffrey Wright, Paul McDonald
- Behind the Scenes Photoshoot
- Theatrical Trailer
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.