Welcome to the kingdom of Terry Gilliam: his solo-directing debut, a gonzo medieval comedy...
Amid the filth and muck of England in the Dark Ages, a fearsome dragon stalks the land, casting a shadow of terror upon the kingdom of Bruno the Questionable. Who should emerge as the town's only possible saviour but Dennis Cooper (Michael Palin; Life of Brian), an endearingly witless bumpkin who stumbles onto the scene and is flung into the role of brave knight?
The first outing as a solo director by Terry Gilliam - inspired by Lewis Carroll's poem Jabberwocky and made on the heels of Gilliam's success as a member of the iconic comedy troupe Monty Python - showcases his delight in comic nonsense, with a cast chock-full of beloved British character actors. A giddy romp through blood and excrement, this fantasy remains one of the filmmaker's most uproarious visions of society run amok.
Released on Blu-ray 20th November 2017 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, Jabberwocky comes with a 4K digital transfer from a brand new restoration by the BFI National Archive and The Film Foundation, approved by Terry Gilliam, with 5.1 surround audio mix, supervised by Gilliam and presented in DTS-HD Master Audio.
- Audio commentary from 2001 featuring Gilliam and actor Michael Palin
- New documentary on the making of the film, featuring Gilliam, producer Sandy Lieberson, Palin and actor Annette Badland
- New interview with Valerie Charlton, designer of the Jabberwock, featuring her collection of rare behind-the-scenes photographs
- Selection of Gilliam's storyboards and sketches
- An essay by critic Scott Tobias
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.