In the early eighties British enfant terrible Ken Russell (Altered States, The Lair of the White Worm, Tommy) travelled to America and placed his unorthodox imprint on a pair of US movies. The first was the Altered States, so out-there its screenwriter disowned it. The second was the equally crazy Crimes of Passion, starring Kathleen Turner (Body Heat, Serial Mom) at the height of her powers.
Fashion designer Joanna Crane (Turner) leads a double life. By night she is China Blue, a prostitute who's attracted the unwanted attention of two men. One is a sexually frustrated private detective hired by her employees. The other is psychopathic priest (played by Norman Bates himself, Anthony Perkins) in possession of a murderous sex toy.
With its outré screenplay by Barry Sandler and over the top score by Rick Wakeman, Crimes of Passion, released on dual-format DVD and Blu-ray on 11th July 2016 courtesy of Arrow Films, may just be the most outrageous Ken Russell film ever made and that's quite some feat!
- Brand new 2K restoration of the film from original film materials
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations of the 112-minute director s cut and 107-minute unrated versions of the film
- Optional subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary with director Ken Russell and producer-screenwriter Barry Sandler
- Seven deleted/extended scenes with optional commentary by Sandler
- Brand-new interview with Sandler recorded especially for this release
- Brand-new interview with composer Rick Wakeman recorded especially for this release It s a Lovely Life music video
- Theatrical trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Twins of Evil
- First pressing only: illustrated collector's booklet containing new writing from Paul Sutton, an archive interview with Ken Russell and correspondence between Russell and Kathleen Turner.
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.