One of Brian De Palma's most acclaimed films, Blow Out, released on Blu-ray by Arrow Films on 27th May 2013, is a brilliant fusion of the obsessive sleuthing of Blow-up and The Conversation with themes drawn from real-life political scandals (the JFK assassination, Chappaquiddick, Watergate) starting with sound technician Jack Terry (John Travolta) accidentally recording what might be explosive evidence of a deadly conspiracy.
Brilliantly shot by the then recent Oscar-winner Vilmos Zsigmond, this terrifically stylish thriller co-stars Nancy Allen as the eyewitness who becomes the unwitting target of John Lithgow's serial killer as he ruthlessly attempts to bury all the evidence.
It's also a film about the filmmaking process: Terry is originally hired to work on the low-budget slasher film Coed Frenzy and later turns his technical skills to much more serious use as he tries to reconstruct a political assassination on film in a way that will stand up in court.
- New, restored digital transfer, supervised and approved by director Brian De Palma
- Original Dolby 2.0 DTS-HD Master Audio
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Black and White in Colour: An Interview with cinematographer Vilmos Zsigmond
- Rag Doll Memories: Nancy Allen on Blow Out
- Return to Philadelphia: An interview with Producer George Litto
- A gallery of on-set photos by photographer Louis Goldman
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Joe Wilson
- Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Michael Atkinson, a conversation between Quentin Tarantino and Brian De Palma
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.