Game of Thrones: Season 1 (2011)
Wednesday 29th February 2012
Loaded with Exclusive Bonus Content Including Comprehensive Histories, Anatomy of an Episode and In-Episode Guides, Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season, one of the most elaborate and visually striking series on television, makes its highly-anticipated Blu-ray and DVD debut on 5th March 2012 from Warner Home Video.
The drama follows kings and queens, knights and renegades, liars and noblemen as they vie for power in a land where summers span decades and winters can last a lifetime. Two powerful families are engaged in a deadly cat-and-mouse game for control of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. As betrayal, lust, intrigue and supernatural forces shake the four corners of the Kingdoms, their bloody struggle for the Iron Throne will have unforeseen and far-reaching consequences.
The Blu-ray and DVD bonus materials included in Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season are as epic as the show it represents. A full length, 60 minute Anatomy of an Episode, extensive In-Episode Guides, meticulous histories and fascinating behind-the-scenes featurettes all detail the exceptional storytelling, superb acting and stunning visual effects that went into making this sprawling production.
DVD Special Feaures
- Complete Guide to Westeros - an interactive compendium of the noble houses and lands featured in season one
- Making Game of Thrones - an exclusive 30-minute feature including never-before-seen footage from the set and interviews from the cast and crew
- Character Profiles - profiles of 15 major characters as described by the actors portraying them
- Creating the Show Open - an inside look at the creation of the Emmy-winning opening title sequence for Game of Thrones
- From the Book to the Screen - executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss along with author George R.R. Martin talk about the challenges of bringing Martin's epic fantasy novel to life on HBO
- The Night's Watch - an in-depth look at the unique order of men who patrol and protect the Wall, a 700 foot ice structure that separates the Seven Kingdoms from the darkness beyond
- Creating the Dothraki Language - an insightful glance into the comprehensive language created for the Dothraki people in Game of Thrones
- Audio Commentaries - Seven audio commentaries with cast and crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, George R.R. Martin, Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington, Lena Headey, Mark Addy, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Maisie Williams, Sophie Turner, Isaac Hempstead Wright, Bryan Cogman, Harry Lloyd, Daniel Minahan and Alan Taylor
Blu-ray Special Feaures
- Blu-ray Complete Guide to Westeros - an interactive compendium of the noble houses and lands featured in season one, PLUS 24 exclusive histories of the Seven Kingdoms as told by the characters themselves done with animated illustrations that provide more information on the background of Game of Thrones
- In-Episode Guide - in-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations, and relevant histories while each episode plays
- Anatomy of an Episode - an in-episode experience that explores the creative minds and colossal efforts behind episode six, "A Golden Crown."
- Hidden Dragon Eggs - find the hidden dragon eggs to uncover even more never-before-seen content
- None or TBC
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.