The Howling (1981)
Monday 25th September 2017
Directed by Joe Dante (Gremlins) with a screenplay by John Sayles (Lone Star) with groundbreaking special effects by Rob Bottin (The Thing, The Fog, Total Recall), The Howling has been stunningly restored for a new generation of horror fans. Graphically violent, sexually explicit and nightmarishly intense, it remains one of the most original werewolf movies of the eighties.
After an intense confrontation with a serial killer, news anchor Karen White (Dee Wallace) is left traumatised and suffering from amnesia. In need of recovery, Karen takes refuge within "The Colony", a country retreat organised by her psychiatrist Dr Waggner (Patrick Macnee). But things at "The Colony" aren't as idyllic as they originally seemed and as blood curdling screams break the midnight silence, Karen's memories slowly begin to come into focus.
The Howling is released on DVD and Blu-ray 9th October 2017 from StudioCanal.
- Howlings Eternal with Producer Steven A. Lane
- Cut to Shreds with Editor Mark Goldblatt
- Interview with Co-writer Terence Winkless
- Horror's Hallowed Grounds: A Look at the Film's Locations
- Interview with Stop-Motion Animator David Allen
- Audio Commentary with Author Gary Brandner
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.