Rumble Fish (1983)
Sunday 24th June 2012
The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present the world-première release of Rumble Fish on Blu-ray & Blu-ray SteelBook, available in the UK from 27th August 2012.
In this second of Francis Ford Coppola's back-to-back screen adaptations of novels by S. E. Hinton, the grand romanticism of The Outsiders was flipped to create an xpressionist, monochrome vision of youthful passion and melancholy and became one of Coppola's most personal and dazzling works.
Against a run-down, industrial Tulsa, Oklahoma, Coppola presents a vivid portrait of troubled teenage gang leader Rusty James (Matt Dillon) as he struggles with cohorts, rival gangs, his frustrated girlfriend Patty (Diane Lane), his estranged father (Dennis Hopper) and the return of his idolised older brother The Motorcycle Boy (Mickey Rourke).
An audacious depiction of gang violence, dead-end lives and the ties that bind, Rumble Fish remains a cult favourite and features magnificent cinematography by Stephen H. Burum, a Golden Globe-winning score by Stewart Copeland and a remarkable cast that also includes Nicolas Cage, Chris Penn, Tom Waits and Laurence Fishburne.
- New HD transfer of the film officially licensed from Universal and presented in 1080p in its original aspect ratio
- Original stereo and 5.1 surround soundtracks, presented in DTS-HD Master Audio
- Music and effects track
- Audio commentary by Francis Ford Coppola
- On Location in Tulsa, a video piece featuring new and vintage interviews and behind-the-scenes footage
- The Percussion-Based Score, a video piece on the film's soundtrack
- Six deleted scenes
- Original theatrical trailer
- English subtitles for the deaf and hearing-impaired on the feature
- A lavish booklet featuring the words of Francis Ford Coppola, rare archival imagery and more
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.