Master genre exploder Bong Joon Ho (Parasite) swirls pathos, dark satire, action, and horror into an exhilarating twenty-first-century fairy tale. An all-star cast including Tilda Swinton (The French Dispatch), Paul Dano (There Will Be Blood), Steven Yeun (Minari), and Jake Gyllenhaal (Spider-Man: Far from Home) is led by An Seo Hyun (The Housemaid) as Mija, a South Korean girl growing up on an Edenic mountainside with her grandfather and best friend: Okja, a giant, empathetic "superpig" created as part of a secret GMO experiment.
When Okja is abruptly torn away from her, Mija embarks on a perilous rescue mission that places her at the center of a sinister corporate conspiracy.
While Bong's trademark virtuosic set pieces dazzle, Okja's beating heart is the connection between a girl and her superpig, made all the more poignant by the brilliant special effects that bring the animal star to unforgettable life.
Okja is given the Criterion treatment and released on Blu-ray 18th July 2022 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.
- 4K digital master, approved by director Bong Joon Ho, with Dolby Atmos sound
- New conversation between Bong and producer Dooho Choi
- New interviews with actors An Seo Hyun and Byun Heebong
- New interviews with members of the crew about the film's cinematography, visual effects, and costume and production design
- Short programs including a director's video diary, featuring Bong; actors Paul Dano, Jake Gyllenhaal, Tilda Swinton, and Steven Yeun; and others
- Teaser, trailer, and web promos
- English subtitle translation and English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- An essay by critic Karen Han
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.