Waterworld: Limited Edition (1995)
Tuesday 16th October 2018
The most expensive film ever made at the time of its release, Waterworld has thrilled audiences through the years with its awe-inspiring action scenes, gargantuan maritime sets and ground-breaking special effects.
A definitive post-apocalypse blockbuster, Waterworld stars Kevin Costner (The Untouchables) as The Mariner - a mutant trader, adrift in a dystopian future where Earth is submerged under water and humankind struggles to survive on boats and in ramshackle floating cities. The Mariner becomes embroiled with the Smokers, a gang of pirates who, led by villainous leader Deacon (Dennis Hopper, Blue Velvet), are seeking Enola (Tina Majorino, Napoleon Dynamite), a girl with a map to the mythical realm of "Dryland" tattooed on her back.
Famous for both its epic scale and the controversy that swirled around its production, Waterworld is a key cult film of the 1990s, and an essential entry into the subgenre of ecologically-minded blockbusters. Presented here in an exclusive new restoration, in three different cuts, and with a wealth of extra material, this high-water mark of high-concept Hollywood can now be enjoyed as never before.
Waterworld is released on Blu-ray 21st January 2019 from Arrow Films.
- New restoration from a 4K scan of the original negative by Arrow Films, presenting the film in three cuts
- Maelstrom: The Odyssey of Waterworld, an all-new, feature-length making-of documentary including extensive cast and crew interviews and behind the scenes footage
- Original archival featurette capturing the film's production
- Global Warnings, film critic Glenn Kenny explores the subgenre of ecologically aware Hollywood blockbusters
- Production and promotional stills gallery
- Visual effects stills gallery
- Original trailers and TV spots
- Six collector's postcards
- Double-sided fold-out poster
- Limited edition 60-page perfect-bound book featuring new writing on the film by David J. Moore and Daniel Griffith, archival articles and original reviews
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Paul Shipper
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.
A Man Called Otto
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
All Quiet on the Western Front
The Running Man
Finding Joy: Series 2
Chapelwaite: Season 1
The Untold Story
Vera: Series 12
Unforgotten: Series 5