City Hunter (1993)
Monday 16th July 2018
Eureka Entertainment is set to release City Hunter, Jackie Chan's stylish action-comedy extravaganza, as part of the Eureka Classics range on Blu-ray on 17th September 2018, featuring a Limited Edition O-card and Collector's Booklet (First print run only).
Jackie Chan stars as the girl-chasing private detective Ryo Saeba in this hilarious live-action adaptation of the popular Japanese manga series, City Hunter, presented from a stunning new 2K restoration!
Hired to track down Shizuko Imamura, the runaway daughter of a publishing tycoon, Ryo initially turns the job down... until he sees a picture of the missing woman! Ryo eventually finds her aboard a luxury cruise ship, but much to the annoyance of his exasperated assistant Carrie (Joey Wang, A Chinese Ghost Story), Ryo seems more interested in catching Shizuko's attention than returning her safely to her father. When terrorists hijack the ship, Ryo must put his romantic feelings aside and swing into action to dispatch the bad guys and save the day.
Packed with inventive action sequences coordinated by an at his peak Chan, City Hunter is one of the most visually creative films of Jackie's career - with a vibrant cinematography and a quirky sense of humour. Eureka Classics is proud to present the film for the first time in the UK on Blu-ray.
- Limited edition slipcase (First print run only)
- Stunning 1080p presentation from a brand new 2K restoration
- Original Cantonese mono audio track (also available in 5.1 presentation)
- Optional English and Mandarin audio tracks
- Interviews with Jackie Chan
- Interview with director Wong Jing
- Interview with stuntman and long-time member of Jackie Chan's stunt team, Rocky Lai
- The Jackie Chan Experience - an interview with Richard Norton
- Evolution of a Fighter - an interview with Gary Daniels
- Outtake montage
- A Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film (First print run only)
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.