One For The Road: Limited Edition (2003)
Wednesday 16th March 2022
Four men with little in common, other than their attendance of an alcohol rehabilitation course, bond over their love of booze at a nearby pub between sessions. Between pints and bouts of delusion and depression, three of the men hatch a plan to get money out of the fourth - a mansion-dwelling millionaire played by the great Hywel Bennett (Shelley) in his final feature film role.
A darkly comic satire on male fragility, Chris Cooke's One for the Road is one of the great, unsung British films of the twenty-first century. Made in Nottingham using early digital cameras - utilising a beer-soaked, cigarette-stained palette - it avoids the clichés associated with British cinema and embraces the do-anything nature of its chosen format to become its own, distinct work. The film also showcases a fine ensemble of acting talent in not only Bennett, but also Rupert Procter, Greg Chisholm, Mark Devenport, Micaiah Dring and Johann Myers.
This limited edition, world premiere Blu-ray release is produced from a new high definition restoration of the film, complete with its original 5.1 surround sound and 2.0 stereo audio tracks and is released 25th April 2022 from Powerhouse Films.
- Audio commentary with writer-director Chris Cooke, producer Kate Ogborn and co-producer Helen Solomon (2003)
- Audio commentary with actors Greg Chisholm, Mark Devenport and Rupert Procter (2003)
- Brand new retrospective documentary featuring interviews with Cooke, actors Chisholm, Devenport, Procter and Johann Myers, composer Steve Blackman, and camera operator Steven Sheil (2022)
- Video diaries with Chris Cooke and Steven Sheil (2003)
- Original theatrical trailer
- Website 'virals' (2003): Promotional videos featuring improvised, in-character footage of Devenport and Procter
- Image gallery: Promotional and publicity material
- Map Of The Scars (1998): Short film written and directed by Chris Cooke, starring Andrew Tiernan
- Map Of The Scars audio commentary with Cooke (2003)
- Shifting Units (2001): Short film written and directed by Cooke about an alcoholic salesman, which served as the inspiration for One For The Road
- Shifting Units audio commentary with Cooke, producer Helen Solomon, and executive producer Kate Ogborn (2003)
- Why I Hate Parties (But Pretend To Love Them) (2003): Short film co-written and directed by Devenport, with photography by Cooke, and featuring cast members from One For The Road
- Gary The Rapper Vs Stefan Blix (2014): Short film co-written and directed by Devenport, with photography by Cooke, starring One For The Road composer Steve Blackman
- Whiskers And Jane (2017): Short film written by Devenport and Blackman, directed by Devenport, and starring Procter
- Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Thirza Wakefield, archival interviews, an overview of contemporary critical responses, new writing on the short films, and film credits
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.
Brotherhood Of The Wolf: Director's Cut
Star Trek: The Next Generation Movie Collection
Bruce Lee at Golden Harvest
Evil Dead Rise
National Lampoon's Vacation
Jet Pilot: Limited Edition
The Kid: Criterion Collection
John Wick: Chapter 4
John Wick: Chapter 4