The Baby (1973)
Thursday 12th July 2018
Still traumatised by the loss of her husband, well-meaning social worker Ann Gentry (Anjanette Comer, The Loved One) throws herself into her latest assignment: the case of Baby, a 21-year-old man with the mind of an infant who crawls, cries and has yet to make it out of nappies.
But Baby's family the tyrannical Mama Wadsworth (Ruth Roman, Strangers on a Train) and her two demented daughters aren't the only ones with a warped conception of familial relations, and the full horror only begins when Ann sets her sights on liberating the drooling man-child... and in so doing unleashes the wrath of the Wadsworth women.
45 years after its original release, this film remains one of the most bizarre horror movies ever committed to celluloid. Directed by Ted Post (Beneath the Planet of the Apes, Magnum Force) and co-starring Marianna Hill (Blood Beach, Messiah of Evil), The Baby, released on Blu-ray 24th September 2018 from Arrow Video, is a twisted, psychedelic nightmare of suburban depravity.
- 1.85:1 and 1.33:1 versions of the feature
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original uncompressed PCM mono audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Brand new audio commentary by Travis Crawford
- Down Will Come Baby a new retrospective with film professor Rebekah McKendry
- Tales from the Crib archival audio Interview with director Ted Post
- Baby Talk archival audio Interview with Star David Mooney
- Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring newly commissioned artwork by The Twins of Evil
- First Pressing Only: Collector's booklet featuring new writing by Kat Ellinger
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.