Savage Streets (1984)
Sunday 5th June 2011
A film that gained much notoriety at the time of its original release for star Linda Blair's totally gratuitous nude scene and her blatant use of the 'c' word, the outrageous vigilante action flick Savage Streets is without a doubt one of 80s exploitation cinema's greatest guilty pleasures. Now, this undisputed classic is coming to DVD completely uncut for the first time in the UK and featuring a host of extra features including audio commentaries by the cast and crew, interviews with Linda Blair and Linnea Quigley, and much more.
Directed by Danny Steinmann (Friday The 13th Part V: A New Beginning; The Unseen) and starring Blair (The Exorcist), John Vernon (Animal House) and legendary Hollywood scream queen Linnea Quigley (Return Of The Living Dead; Night Of The Demons; Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers), Savage Streets is an all-out celebration of violence, nudity, big hair, poor fashion decisions and chicks with attitude.
During a night out cruising around Hollywood Boulevard, tough-talking high schooler Brenda (Blair) and her gang of sassy girlfriends, The Satins, cross paths with a bunch of local low life thugs calling themselves The Scars. When their advances on the girls are spurned in no uncertain terms and their prized convertible ends up dumped full of garbage, The Scars suffer a severe blow to their combined ego that demands a response.
Their barbaric retaliation takes the form of a violent sexual assault on Brenda's deaf-mute little sister, Heather (Quigley), that leaves the young girl fighting for her life. Determined to avenge her sister, Brenda tools up with an unlikely assortment of deadly weapons and takes to the streets in search of those responsible and for whom she is unwilling to show any mercy.
- Reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned artwork
- Double-sided fold-out poster
- Collector s booklet featuring new writing on Savage Streets by Kier-la Janisse, author of A Violent Professional: The Films of Luciano Rossi and House of Psychotic Women
- Brand new transfer of the film presented in original 1.85:1 anamorphic aspect ratio
- Original mono audio
- Audio commentary with stars Sal Landi, Robert Dryer and Director of Photography Stephen Posey
- Audio commentary with director Danny Steinmann
- Audio commentary with producer John Strong and stars Robert Dryer and Johnny Venocur
- Confessions of a Teenage Vigilante: An interview with Linda Blair
- Heather Speaks! An interview with Linnea Quigley
- Getting the Job: Producer John Strong on Savage Streets
- Video interviews with Johnny Venocur and Robert Dryer on their characters
- Original Trailer
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.