The Grand Budapest Hotel: The Criterion Collection (2014)
Monday 4th January 2021
F. Murray Abraham, Mathieu Amalric, Wes Anderson (Fantastic Mr. Fox) brings his dry wit and visual inventiveness to this exquisite caper set amid the old-world splendour of Europe between the World Wars.
At the opulent Grand Budapest Hotel, the concierge M. Gustave (Ralph Fiennes; In Bruges) and his young protégé Zero (Tony Revolori; Dope) forge a steadfast bond as they are swept up in a scheme involving the theft of a priceless Renaissance painting and the battle for an enormous family fortune-while around them, political upheaval consumes the continent.
Meticulously designed, The Grand Budapest Hotel is a breathless picaresque and a poignant paean to friendship and the grandeur of a vanished world, performed with panache by an all-star ensemble that includes F. Murray Abraham (Amadeus), Adrien Brody (The Darjeeling Limited), Saoirse Ronan (Lady Bird), Willem Dafoe (The Last Temptation of Christ), Jude Law (The Talented Mr. Ripley), Harvey Keitel (Mean Streets), Jeff Goldblum (Jurassic Park), Mathieu Amalric (The Diving Bell and the Butterfly), Tilda Swinton (We Need to Talk About Kevin), and Bill Murray (The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou).
The Grand Budapest Hotel is given the Criterion treatment and released on Blu-ray 22nd February 2021 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.
- 2K digital transfer, supervised by director Wes Anderson, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack
- New audio commentary featuring Anderson, filmmaker Roman Coppola, and actor Jeff Goldblum
- Selected-scene storyboard animatics
- The Making of "The Grand Budapest Hotel," a new documentary about the film
- New interviews with the cast and crew
- Video essays from 2015 and 2020 by critic Matt Zoller Seitz and film scholar David Bordwell
- Behind-the-scenes, special-effects, and test footage
- PLUS: Two pieces by critic Richard Brody and a double-sided poster and other ephemera
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.