One Missed Call Trilogy (2005)
Saturday 4th January 2020
An iconic trilogy of J-horror One Missed Call films comes to Blu-ray for the first time from Arrow Films on 24th February 2020!
Tapping into the same brand of terror as the Ring and Grudge movies, visionary director Takashi Miike (Audition, Blade of the Immortal) presents a modern, high-tech twist on that mainstay of Japanese folklore, the yurei or vengeful spirit, in the form of its own iconic antihero - the terrifying Mimiko.
In the first instalment in the trilogy, 2003's One Missed Call, student Yoko (Anna Nagata, Battle Royale) receives a phone message from her future self, ending with her own death scream. Two days later, she dies in a horrific rail collision. As the mysterious phone curse spreads, claiming more young lives, Yoko's friend Yumi (Ko Shibasaki, Battle Royale, 47 Ronin) joins forces with detective Hiroshi (Shinichi Tsutsumi, Space Battleship Yamato), whose sister met the same gruesome fate. But can they unravel the mystery before the clock runs out on the next victim - Yumi herself?
Mimiko's curse continues to wreak bloody havoc in two sequels - 2005's One Missed Call 2 and 2006's One Missed Call: Final, in addition to spawning a TV series and an American remake. This lavish collection from Arrow Video gathers together the original trilogy - with the third instalment making its UK debut - and a swathe of in-depth bonus features for the ultimate spine-tingling experience.
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations
- Lossless Japanese DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and PCM 2.0 soundtracks
- Optional English subtitles
- New audio commentary on One Missed Call by Miike biographer Tom Mes
- The Making of One Missed Call, an hour-long archival documentary on the film's production
- Archival interviews on One Missed Call with actors Ko Shibasaki, Shinichi Tsutsumi and Kazue Fukiishi, and director Takashi Miike
- Archival interview on One Missed Call with director Takashi Miike
- Archival footage from the One Missed Call premiere
- Live or Die TV special
- A Day with the Mizunuma Family
- One Missed Call alternate ending
- The Making of One Missed Call 2, a half-hour archival documentary on the film's production
- Gomu, a short film by One Missed Call 2 director Renpei Tsukamoto
- One Missed Call 2 deleted scenes, introduced by Renpei Tsukamoto
- One Missed Call 2 music video
- The Making of One Missed Call: Final, an hour-long archival documentary on the film's production
- Maki and Meisa, an archival behind-the-scenes featurette on One Missed Call: Final with actresses Maki Horikita and Meisa Kuroki
- Behind the Scenes with Keun-Suk Jang, an archival featurette with One Missed Call: Final's South Korean star
- The Love Story, a short film tie-in for One Missed Call: Final
- Candid Mimiko, an archival location tour with the series' iconic villain
- Theatrical trailers and TV spots
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Griffin
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the films by Anton Bitel
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.
The Running Man
Knock At The Cabin
Brotherhood Of The Wolf: Director's Cut
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
John Wick: Chapter 4
Avatar: The Way of Water
Marcel The Shell With Shoes On
The Bionic Woman: The Complete Collection
The Kid: Criterion Collection
John Wick: Chapter 4
Peep Show: Series 5