The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004)
Wednesday 2nd May 2018
Internationally famous oceanographer Steve Zissou (Bill Murray) and his crew-Team Zissou-set sail on an expedition to hunt down the mysterious, elusive, possibly non-existent Jaguar Shark that killed Zissou's partner during the documentary filming of their latest adventure.
They are joined on their voyage by a young airline co-pilot (Owen Wilson) who may or may not be Zissou's son; a beautiful, and pregnant, journalist (Cate Blanchett) assigned to write a profile of Zissou; and Zissou's estranged wife and co-producer, Eleanor (Anjelica Huston).
Wes Anderson (Rushmore) has assembled an all-star cast that also includes Willem Dafoe, Jeff Goldblum, Michael Gambon, Noah Taylor, Seu Jorge, and Bud Cort for this wildly original adventure comedy.
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou is released on Criterion Blu-ray 25th June 2018.
- New, restored digital transfer, approved by director Wes Anderson, with DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack
- Commentary by Anderson and cowriter Noah Baumbach New interviews with actors Bill Murray, Willem Dafoe, and Jeff Goldblum
- This Is an Adventure, a documentary by Antonio Ferrera, Albert Maysles, and Matthew Prinzing chronicling the production of the movie
- Mondo Monda, an Italian talk show featuring an interview with Anderson and Baumbach, hosted by Antonio Monda
- Interview with composer and Devo member Mark Mothersbaugh Ten performances of David Bowie songs in Portuguese by Brazilian recording artist and actor Seu Jorge
- Intern video journal by actor Matthew Gray Gubler
- Multiple interviews with the cast and crew, featuring behind-the-scenes footage
- Making-of featurette
- Nine deleted scenes
- Behind-the-scenes photos and original artwork from the film
- PLUS: An insert featuring a cutaway view of The Belafonte, the ship from the film, Eric Anderson's original illustrations, and a conversation between Wes and Eric conducted in 2005
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.