Thelma & Louise: The Criterion Collection (1991)
Wednesday 1st November 2023
Two women, a turquoise Thunderbird, the ride of a lifetime.
With this pop-culture landmark, screenwriter Callie Khouri and action auteur Ridley Scott rewrote the rules of the road movie, telling the story of two best friends who find themselves transformed into accidental fugitives during a weekend getaway gone wrong-leading them on a high-speed southwestern odyssey as they elude police and discover freedom on their own terms.
Propelled by irresistible performances from Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis (plus Brad Pitt in a sexy, star-making turn) - and nominated for six Academy Awards, winning one for Khouri-the exhilaratingly cathartic Thelma & Louise stands as cinema's ultimate ode to ride-or-die female friendship.
With a new 4K digital restoration, supervised by director Ridley Scott, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack, Thelma & Louise is released on Blu-ray and 4K UHD 29th January 2024 from Spirit Entertainment as part of the Criterion Collection.
- New 4K digital restoration, supervised by director Ridley Scott, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack
- One 4K UHD disc of the film presented in Dolby Vision HDR and two Blu-rays with the film and special features
- Two audio commentaries, featuring Scott, screenwriter Callie Khouri, and actors Geena Davis and Susan Sarandon
- New interviews with Scott and Khouri
- Documentary featuring Davis; Khouri; Sarandon; Scott; actors Michael Madsen, Christopher McDonald, and Brad Pitt; and other members of the cast and crew
- Boy and Bicycle (1965), Scott's first short film, and one of his early commercials
- Original theatrical featurette
- Storyboards and deleted and extended scenes, including an extended ending with director's commentary
- Music video for Glenn Frey's "Part of Me, Part of You," from the film's soundtrack
- English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Essays by critics Jessica Kiang and Rachel Syme and journalist Rebecca Traister
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.