Radiance Films is an idiosyncratic and adventurous new Blu-ray label sourcing visionary filmmaking, some of it ultra-rare, sometimes wonderfully-obscure, that otherwise might not see the light of day. As label boss Francesco Simeoni says, "Radiance will explore lesser trodden paths, areas of cinema that have never been touched before."
Junior high school student Dawn "Wiener-dog" Wiener is perpetually teased by her classmates and tormented by the school bully, Brandon. All she wants is to be popular and that would certainly help her emerging crush on the lead of her brother's garage band. Todd (Happiness) Solondz's celebrated coming-of-age comedy won the Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival and young star Heather Matarazzo was awarded Best Debut Performance at the prestigious Independent Spirit Awards.
Perfectly capturing the growing pains of youth and suburbia with startling intensity, Welcome to the Dollhouse was widely praised on release with Janet Maslin of the New York Times describing it as a "mordantly hilarious suburban comedy - excruciatingly funny".
Welcome to the Dollhouse is released on Blu-ray 6th March 2023 from Radiance Films.
- High-Definition digital transfer of the film with uncompressed original stereo PCM audio, approved by director Todd Solondz
- Interviews with Solondz and star Heather Matarazzo (2022)
- Todd Solondz's Suburban Nightmare: A visual essay by critic and author Hannah Strong on the film and its place within Solondz's work (2022)
- Audio commentary by BJ and Harmony Colangelo of This Ends at Prom podcast (2022)
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Reversible sleeve featuring designs based on original posters
- Booklet featuring new writing by critics A. S. Hamrah and Molly Lambert, archival writing by Solondz and Julian Murphet and an overview of contemporary reviews
- Limited edition of 2000 copies, presented in full-height Scanavo packaging with removable OBI strip leaving packaging free of certificates and markings
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.